Our comprehensive 2014 national CPD programme
features clinical courses across disciplines and a range of non-clinical courses to develop your business and personal skills.
Key features of BVA CPD
- our unique blended learning approach with pre-course reading and post-course support that puts you in touch with your speakers and fellow delegates
- a range of learning levels from basic to advanced
- practical or theoretical courses
- discounted rates for BVA members and their non-vet staff, plus additional savings for delegates who book more than 6 weeks in advance
Download our 2014 CPD programme
View our 2014 courses
BVA CPD partners
We have a number of partnerships with third party CPD suppliers so BVA members can access their CPD at a discounted rate:
The Webinar Vet
BVA members get 50% or more off membership to The Webinar Vet.
Membership to The Webinar Vet provides:
- full access to the library of over 150 hours of pre-recorded webinars
- invitations to the Thursday members’ live events, at least 40 a year
- early notification of sponsored webinars
- a monthly CD from one of the presentations
Register with The Webinar Vet
2014 membership rates
Standard rates for 2014 are £147 plus VAT per month or £1470 plus VAT per year.
BVA members are eligible for a 50% discount off this rate - £73.50 plus VAT per month or £735 plus VAT per year.
Extra discounts are available for:
- final-year student BVA members who can sign up for free membership
- student members in other years* who pay £12 ex VAT per month
- recent graduate members up to 3 years qualified who pay £30 ex VAT per month
- practices with more than one BVA member wishing to join
View the practice membership rates
In order to qualify for the practice discount, all joining members have to be BVA members.
Terms and conditions
A valid BVA membership number is required to register for the reduced BVA rates. Membership is checked on registration.
The Webinar Vet standard terms and conditions apply.
*Student members are defined as studying full time for a veterinary degree.
This offer does not apply to nurse membership of The Webinar Vet.
Royal Veterinary College
Members in their final year of study through to their eighth year after graduation can get 50% off Royal Veterinary College recorded webinars as part of the BVA Young Vet Network (YVN).
BVA member price - £15
Non-member price - £30
View available courses and book
Terms and conditions
Discounts will only be given to BVA YVN members who provide a valid membership number on registration.
The discount is only available to BVA YVN members, up to 8 years qualified.
Webinars are subject to RVC's standard terms and conditions of booking.
Animal Health Trust, equine division
Working with the Animal Health Trust (AHT) we provide a programme of free equine CPD for members.
As a BVA member you can attend as many of these seminars as you like, free of charge. Non-members can now attend too, for £25 per seminar.
A light buffet meal is provided courtesy of the BVA.
The challenges of interpreting the responses to diagnostic analgesia
Dr Sue Dyson - Wed 19 November
Nerve blocks are hugely valuable in lameness investigation, but are not as specific as we would like and there are many pitfalls in interpretation. This will be illustrated by case examples.
Registering for events
If you would like to attend, please email your name, practice name, BVA membership number and the date of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org
After booking if you are unable to attend an event for any reason, please let Karen know so that someone else can fill your space.
Membership will be checked on registration.
Food will be served from 7pm to allow time for arrival and socialising.
Seminars will start at 7.30pm prompt and finish around 9pm.
Talks are restricted to 40 delegates.
Talks are held at the AHT, Newmarket