Our comprehensive national CPD programme features clinical courses across disciplines and a range of non-clinical courses to develop your business and personal skills.
Key features of BVA 2015 CPD
- New for 2015: Book three courses for the price of two*
The same person doesn’t need to attend all courses, but the delegates must all be BVA members and work together
- We've frozen member rates for our 2015 courses
- Delegates can make savings by booking more than six weeks in advance
- All our courses feature our blended learning approach with a pre-event questionnaire and related reading prior to the course, and post-course support
Spring/Summer 2015 CPD programme (2.52 MB PDF)
View all our courses
CPD offer terms and conditions
BVA CPD partners
We have a number of partnerships with third party CPD suppliers so BVA members can access their CPD at a discounted rate:
The Webinar Vet
BVA members get 50% or more off membership to The Webinar Vet.
Membership to The Webinar Vet provides:
- full access to the library of over 150 hours of pre-recorded webinars
- invitations to the Thursday members’ live events, at least 40 a year
- early notification of sponsored webinars
- a monthly CD from one of the presentations
Register with The Webinar Vet
2014 membership rates
Standard rates for 2014 are £147 plus VAT per month or £1470 plus VAT per year.
BVA members are eligible for a 50% discount off this rate - £73.50 plus VAT per month or £735 plus VAT per year.
Extra discounts are available for:
- final-year student BVA members who can sign up for free membership
- student members in other years* who pay £12 ex VAT per month
- recent graduate members up to 3 years qualified who pay £30 ex VAT per month
- practices with more than one BVA member wishing to join
View the practice membership rates
In order to qualify for the practice discount, all joining members have to be BVA members.
Membership rates terms and conditions
Royal Veterinary College
The Royal Veterinary College offer the following discounted CPD:
RVC Webinar Plus
BVA members on a career break, or in their first to third year after graduation, can access selected RVC Webinar Plus courses for £125 per webinar, 25% off the standard price.
To benefit from the discount, bookings must be made through BVA rather than directly with RVC.
The pre-recorded RVC Webinar Plus courses are designed to refresh, broaden and deepen delegate’s clinical skills.
The series is based on courses that have run in 2013. They contain all of the learning material (webinars, reading material, slides, self-assessment exercises), but are not tutor moderated. Instead, a set of FAQs is available for each course which represent the questions and concerns previous participants have had, and the tutors’ responses.
- Dermatology essentials online
- Endocrine essentials online
- Essentials of GI disorders online
- Diagnosis and management of hepatobiliary disorders online
- Orthopaedic essentials online – management of fractures
- Farm animal therapeutics online
For more information please contact
Discounted webinars for YVN members
Members in their final year of study through to their eighth year after graduation can get 50% off Royal Veterinary College recorded webinars as part of the BVA Young Vet Network (YVN).*
BVA member price - £15
Non-member price - £30
View available courses and book
RVC webinar terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
CPD offer - three courses for the price of two
This offer is only valid for BVA members. All three courses must be booked at the same time. The cheapest course will be free. A practice may book using the offer and send a different member of their team to each course. This offer is only valid for BVA 2015 CPD courses and excludes media training, our wo-part leadership course and any webinarsour unique blended learning approach with pre-course reading and post-course support that puts you in touch with your speakers and fellow delegates
A valid BVA membership number is required to register for the reduced BVA rates. Membership is checked on registration. The Webinar Vet standard terms and conditions apply. Student members are defined as studying full time for a veterinary degree. This offer does not apply to nurse membership of The Webinar Vet.
RVC webinar terms and conditions
Discounts will only be given to BVA YVN members who provide a valid membership number on registration.
The discount is only available to BVA YVN members, up to 8 years qualified.
Webinars are subject to RVC's standard terms and conditions of booking.