Considering working or doing voluntary work overseas? Find out how the British Veterinary Association (BVA) can help you
This section has six parts
Sharing knowledge and experiences
You may wish to share with colleagues knowledge and experiences you have acquired overseas. The Overseas Group is keen to receive feedback from vets, students and nurses which can be included in the overseas experiences section. This provides valuable and interesting information for others who are considering undertaking similar work. Please contact Susie Child email@example.com.
The BVA Overseas Group is frequently contacted by colleagues who would like to work or do volunteer work overseas but want more information.
- we have produced a list of charities and organisations involved in overseas work, many of which welcome veterinary volunteers
- we can give general advice as well as putting enquirers in touch with colleagues who have served, or are still serving, in a specific country or region
- veterinary nurses can also find out more about working overseas by visiting the Working Abroad section of British Veterinary Nursing Association (BVNA) website
- recent requests for volunteers are included in the overseas newsletter
- for more information contact Susie Child firstname.lastname@example.org
- for current country specific travel information see the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website