The British Veterinary Association (BVA) website, email group, discussion forum and links disclaimer
The British Veterinary Association (BVA) has taken care preparing the contents of this website.
You use this website and any information at your own risk. You should verify the accuracy of any information before you act on it.
You are granted access to these pages conditional on your agreement to indemnify the BVA and not to hold it liable in any way for the results of any action you may take based on the material on this or linked sites.
The information on this website is applicable in the UK. Other countries may have different regulations. If accessing this website from outside the UK, check locally for information specific to that country.
We have tried to make sure the contents of this website are accurate. However we will not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website.
We do not endorse any other organisations, products, websites or services mentioned on this site unless otherwise stated on the relevant pages.
We take no responsibility for the contents of linked websites and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We have no control over linked pages’ availability.
You are responsible for protecting the security and integrity of your system and data. We make no claim that this website is free from viruses or other computer or data corrupting or damaging material.
This disclaimer is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Email groups and discussion forums - acceptable use policy
If you are a member involved in one of our email groups or discussion forums, it is important you read and agree to the following policy. If you do not agree, do not use the email groups or online discussion forums.
In using our email groups or discussion forums you
You must not
- acknowledge that all information (Content), posted on any BVA email group or forum is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated
- understand that this means that you, and not BVA are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the group/ forum
- understand that BVA does not control the Content posted via the group/ forum and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content
- understand that under no circumstances will BVA be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the group/ forum<
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you
- make comments on individuals, an individual's view point, products or companies unless they are objective and fair
- incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or personal characteristic
- call into account a person's professional standing
- swear, or make obscene or vulgar comments
- advertise products or services
- falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- invade people's privacy by posting their private addresses, phone numbers, emails or other personal details
- post messages that are unrelated to the online forum(s)
- do anything to jeopardise the integrity of the internet or the BVA's IT systems, by introducing viruses, trojans, worms or any other malicious or damaging code into the system
Mis-use of the discussion forums
If a post contravenes the forum rules it will be deleted from the forum(s) and returned to the participant by email, along with reference to the broken rule(s).
If a participant repeatedly breaks the rules, they will be banned from using the forum(s).
The British Veterinary Association (BVA) neither approves nor endorses any external links listed on this website.
We cannot be held responsible for any advice or recommendations obtained from these links and anyone accessing these links from our website does so on this understanding.