Download coronavirus resources
We've produced a range of resources to support veterinary professionals during the Covid-19 lockdown. These resources are free for members to download and use immediately.
If you have any questions contact us at [email protected]
Social Media Toolkit
You can download our BVA social media graphics for use on veterinary practice social media accounts. Our social media graphics cover Covid-19 advice for pet owners. They include reminders:
- To phone your veterinary surgery first
- To practise social distancing
- To be patient and respect your vet, and more
Download #ComfortInCrisis graphics
The Canine and Feline Sector Group (CSFG) have created a series of graphics to highlight some top tips on how to look after yourself and your pets during the coronavirus outbreak. We encourage you to download and share these graphics within your networks using #ComfortInCrisis. Download the graphics on the CFSG website.
Additional veterinary resources and guidance
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance and advice
- British Cattle Veterinary Association
- British Equine Veterinary Association
- Society of Practising Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Management Group
- British Veterinary Nursing Association (BVNA)
- British Small Animal Veterinary Association
- Commonwealth Veterinary Association
The Veterinary Defence Society has a number of advice notes available to VDS members relating to VDS professional indemnity insurance policies
Lobbying for further financial support
We’re working hard to secure appropriate financial support for veterinary businesses, but we need your help to amplify the message.
We urge you to write to your local MP - and MSP, MS or MLA where appropriate - asking for their help in securing access to financial support packages for your business, using our template letter.
You can also support our aims by signing our joint petition with the British Dental Association which is calling on the government to extend business rates relief to human and animal healthcare providers, including veterinary practices.