EMS overseas

If you’re going abroad on EMS, undertaking a research project or doing voluntary work this year, there are a number of things you should consider before you go.

  • Travel insurance
  • Guidance for overseas EMS

Travel insurance

BVA student members receive free EMS insurance as part of their membership. If you’re heading abroad for EMS then you are likely to need specialist travel insurance on top.

You can find out more in the Cover abroad section of our EMS insurance leaflet (427 KB PDF) 

Make sure you’re fully covered by discussing your placement with our insurance providers Lloyd & Whyte on 01823 250 700.

Guidance for overseas EMS

The RVC Guidance for Overseas EMS covers a range of information from passports and visas to ethics and cultural considerations.

You can find out more about working as a vet overseas including organisations who offer vets volunteering opportunities in our careers section.

And for more general information about getting the most out of your EMS, take a look at our EMS guide for students (281 KB PDF)