Practical CPD session running from 5.30-8.00pm. This session is open to both vets and nurses, but please note that it is run by a nurse taught at nurse level.
This session will be run by Samantha Tanfield from Idexx Laboratories Ltd. Samantha has worked as a Qualified VN since 1998, working in mixed practices in Yorkshire. She later became responsible for the in-house VN training and later went on to teach full time at an FE college, leading subjects including Animal Management and Veterinary Nursing. Samantha has worked as the VN Trainer at IDEXX Laboratories since September 2014, and delivers practical lab training at veterinary practices and external locations across the UK.
This practical CPD session will cover the following:
- Understand how to collect and prepare blood specimens for haematology
- The preparation and use of a microscope
- Basic microscopy techniques including the identification of white cells, red cells and platelets, including individual white cell lines and mature and immature red cells, the preparation and staining of good quality blood smears for morphological examination
- Generation of PCV results using microhaematocrit tubes
- The preparation and examination of a reticulocyte count
Food will be provided. Please enter delegate name(s) and any dietary requirements in the note to seller box when booking.
Please note there are only 10 places available on this course.