Personal development reviews, often referred to as appraisals, are an excellent management tool.
Done well they can lead to happy, well-trained, motivated staff, and a positive team attitude, which is good for you, your clients, and your business. However, done badly they can be more damaging than not carrying out the review in the first place.
This BVA guide outlines the purpose of personal development reviews and information on how to get the most from the process. There are also templates to help you set up an effective review process.
Number of pages: 9
This guide explains:
- What are personal development reviews?
- Why have a personal development review process?
- How to get the most from your personal development review
- How to carry out a personal development review
- What an employee should think about to prepare for a review
- What could be included in a discussion summary document
CPD for veterinary surgeons
BVA run comprehensive national CPD programme featuring clinical courses across disciplines and a range of non-clinical courses to develop your business and personal skills.
BVA legal helpline
As a member, if you need trusted, confidential, and independent legal advice about anything from a problem at work to a consumer rights issue, you can access our legal helpline for free advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.