Terms and conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by the British Veterinary Association (BVA) and is subject to the following terms and conditions
1. By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms, please do not access and/or use the site.
2. The BVA may change these terms at any time by posting changes on-line. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the BVA. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of the site
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, transmit or otherwise use the Site Content in any way except for Permitted Use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Site Content except for Permitted Use. Any other use of Site Content requires the prior written permission of the BVA.
4. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of this site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
5. The BVA endeavours to ensure that the Site Content is correct. However, Site Content is for general guidance only and is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. The BVA will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of this site and the Site Content.
7. The BVA does not warrant that functions contained in the contents of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying the BVA or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the BVA and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BVA or any other third party.
Contributions to this site
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to this site, you:
10.1 warrant that your contribution;
10.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the BVA for all the purposes specified above;
10.1.2 is not defamatory; and
10.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
10.2 agree to indemnify the BVA against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the BVA as a result of your breach of the above warranty;
10.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on this site and the purposes specified above.
Username and passwords
11. Access to this site requires you to use an identity, a “username”, and password (together referred to as “Account Information”). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Information and for any and all activity that occurs under your account.
Links to other sites
12. This site contains links to other related Internet sites. You might find these links useful, though as they are outside of our control, we cannot take responsibility for their content.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
15. In this agreement, unless the context otherwise requires:
“Account Information” means your username and password.
“Permitted Use” means use within the business included within your current subscription to BVA, but does not include disclosure to persons who are not members of BVA.
“Site Content” means the content of this site, including data, information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the BVA and its products and services (or to third party products and services).