BVA social media guidelines
BVA’s social media channels are a place for our members, the veterinary community, and the general public to engage with BVA and start relevant conversations with us. It’s important that our social media channels are a welcoming and safe space for conversation.
To make this possible, we ask you to follow the below guidelines while interacting on our social media channels:
- Be professional
- Be respectful of others and their opinions
- Stay on topic
- Follow the community guidelines, standards, and policies of the platform you are using. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Do not make personal attacks
- Do not post content that is discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory, harassing, hateful, threatening, profane, or abusive
- Do not post or like/share anything that could be libellous or defamatory
- Do not post adverts for commercial products or services
- Do not post repeatedly about issues that are off-topic ie spam
- Do not breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves
- Do not share your personal information
If our guidelines are not followed, we will hide, delete, or report comments where possible, as well as block and report users. Inappropriate language, particularly swearing, is automatically hidden from our posts on some channels, where this functionality exists. If we deem this necessary we will turn off comments on posts.