BVA Northern Ireland Branch exists to represent members in Northern Ireland. It brings together representatives of our specialist divisions, Government, academic institutions, and research organisations in Northern Ireland.
If you're a BVA member living in Northern Ireland, you'll automatically be a member of BVA Northern Ireland Branch.
Role of Northern Ireland Branch
Our aims are to:
- Foster the interests of the veterinary profession in Northern Ireland
- Promote BVA in Northern Ireland
- Advise on the consensus view of BVA members in Northern Ireland on Northern Irish and UK issues, particularly with reference to the NI Assembly, DAERA, the Ulster Farmer's Union, and Northern Ireland animal welfare organisations
- Promote meetings in any part of Northern Ireland for the discussion of veterinary topics and related subjects
Veterinary voice for Northern Ireland
We want to make sure the veterinary voice is heard in the Northern Ireland Assembly and Executive.
Representation on BVA Council
Northern Ireland is represented on BVA Council by Alan Gordon as the elected regional representative, and Aurelie Moralis as the Branch representative.
You can contact your representatives directly on NIpresident@bva.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Ireland Branch team
- Aurelie Moralis - President
- Alan Gordon – Senior Vice President and regional representative
- Susan Cunningham- Junior Vice President
- Esther Skelly-Smith - Honorary Secretary
Northern Ireland Branch Council
The role of the Northern Ireland Branch Council is to:
- Discuss veterinary policy issues as they relate to Northern Ireland and make all efforts to reach a consensus view on those issues
- Assist BVA in formulating policy
Northern Ireland Branch meetings
To learn more about the work of the Northern Ireland Branch please contact email@example.com
You can also download the Northern Ireland Branch Constitution
Northern Ireland Branch Council members
- Alan Gordon (President and elected regional representative to BVA Council)
- Aurelie Moralis (Junior Vice President)
- Esther Skelly-Smith (Honorary Secretary and Branch representative to BVA Council)
- Pat Hart (North of Ireland Veterinary Association)
- Melanie Spahn (Association of Veterinarians Practising in Northern Ireland)
- Cathal Carr (SPVS)
- Greg Koulianos (BVPA)
- Fiona McFarland (YVN)
- Seamus McSorley (AVS)
- Ruth Moreno (VPHA)
- Vacant (BCVA)
- Vacant (BEVA)
- Seamus O'Kane (Senior Vice President)
- Sandra Dunbar (DARD)
- Stanley McDowell (AFBI)