09 Jul 2020
BVA Welsh Branch exists to represent members in Wales. It brings together representatives of our specialist and territorial divisions, Government, academic institutions, and research organisations in Wales.
If you're a BVA member living in Wales, you'll automatically be a member of BVA Welsh Branch.
Role of Welsh Branch
Our aims are to:
- Foster the interests of the veterinary profession in Wales
- Promote BVA in Wales
- Advise on the consensus view of BVA members in Wales on Welsh and UK issues, particularly with reference to the Welsh Assembly Government, the National Farmers Union and the Farmers Union of Wales, and Welsh animal welfare organisations
- Promote meetings in any part of Wales for the discussion of veterinary topics and kindred subjects, including assisting in the promotion of CPD provided by the territorial and specialist divisions
Veterinary voice for Wales
Latest blog posts from Wales
- Eradicating BVD in Wales
- Making a difference in Wales
- Are we prepared for a major disease outbreak?
- Westminster debates impact of Brexit on veterinary profession in Wales
Representation on BVA Council
Welsh Branch Council
The role of the Welsh Branch Council is to:
- discuss veterinary policy issues as they relate to Wales and make all efforts to reach a consensus view on those issues
- assist the BVA in formulating policy
News in Wales
29 Jun 2020 | Animal health
26 Jun 2020 | The veterinary profession
17 Jun 2020