Under Our Care Working Group
The Under Our Care Working Group has been convened by Policy Committee to develop the BVA position on ‘under care’, emergency first aid and out of hours provision, and the associated role of telemedicine (including but not limited to remote prescribing), in response to the RCVS review.
- Chair - Nigel Gibbens
- Daniella Dos Santos - BVA President
- Phil Elkins - British Cattle Veterinary Association
- Fiona Fell - BVA member
- David Green - Veterinary Defence Society
- Ruth Layton - Ethics and Welfare Advisory Panel (alternate Maddy Campbell)
- Sheldon Middleton - British Small Animal Veterinary Association
- Alice Moore - Policy Committee
- Adrian Nelson-Pratt - BVA member
- Hannah Perrin - Veterinary Management Group
- Jack Pye - British Veterinary Nursing Association
- Iain Richards - Policy Committee
- Kathleen Robertson - Society of Practising Veterinary Surgeons
- Definition and interpretation of under our care (8 January 2020): to agree the scope of the working group and consider the interpretation of ‘under our care’
- Emergency first aid and Out of Hours Cover (18 February 2020): to review and develop emerging themes, and to consider emergency first aid and OOH provision
- Telehealth, telemedicine, and remote prescribing (16 April 2020): to review and develop emerging themes, and to consider the role of telehealth, telemedicine, and remote prescribing in the context of ‘under our care’ and OOH obligation
- Review (11 May 2020): to review progress against objectives and develop draft recommendations
Please note that this document records the broad principles emerging from the working group discussions, key points underpinning each principle, and some associated DRAFT recommendations. This document will be added to and changed as the work of the group progresses. It is an iterative process that will develop into the final position.
Review of emerging themes by Ethics and Welfare Advisory Panel (26 February), Policy Committee (11 March) and Council (15 April).
Next meeting of the working group: 16 April 2020.