20 Jul 2021
Expert judging panel announced for the BVA Young Vet of the Year Award 2020
We have announced an expert panel of judges for the BVA Young Vet of the Year Award 2020, supported by Zoetis: an accolade aimed at vets at an early stage in their careers who are making a big difference in their field or community.
Judges will include:
- Lord Trees, Professor of Veterinary Parasitology and Crossbench member of the House of Lords
- James Russell, BVA’s Junior Vice President (due to become President in mid-September) and a farm animal vet
- Mandisa Greene, RCVS President
- Emily Craven, a farm animal vet and winner of the inaugural award in 2019
- Wendy Talbot, European Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine and National Equine Veterinary Manager, Zoetis (who will also act as Chair of the judging panel).
The award aims to highlight the outstanding difference young vets make to the profession. It is open to all vets registered with the RCVS and in the first eight years of their career. The winner of this year’s award will receive a prize of £1,000 cash as well as a career-enhancing experience with Zoetis.
Entries for this year’s award close on 7 September 2020, and the winner will be announced on 12 November.
Want to join BVA?
Get tailored news in your inbox and online, plus access to our journals, resources and support services, join the BVA.Join Us Today